My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Rusty works in the animation industry doing Storyboards, Timing, Animation and Directing. Recently he has worked at Disney TV Animation and Universal Animation Studios. He's best known for his Directing and Producing for Warner Bros. on "Animaniacs" and "Pinky and the Brain".

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Progress is Inspiration


It's been a while since I've uploaded much of my film I've been steadily working on. So upon some proding from various friends and viewers of this blog I put together three of the more recent scenes I've completed in rough animation and am presenting them here. The second scene you might recognize as one I wrote about several posts ago. It was a nice acting scene that I could sink my teeth into. I enjoyed working it out and especially enjoyed seeing it all in-betweened. One item of note in that scene is what the little guy is doing. I've always had the philosophy that you shouldn't over animated secondary characters unless their movement is imperative to the main character of the scenes action. I feel it distracts too much. Especially when you really want the audience to watch the main character. I works very much on the same principal as a magician's act. Guide your audience to where you want them to look. I've often shown students of mine this principal with a simple disappearing coin trick where it looks like I take the coin out of one hand and poof it's gone in mid air. Put when I do this trick I am really leaving the coin in palm of the hand that originally holds it. When I do it for students I leave the coin clearly visible yet strongly direct my look at the other hand. What it demonstrates is that even though the coin is still visible I, as the performer, guided my audience to where I wanted them to look. So enjoy the scenes. I will try to post more as they get done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i couldn't find any contact information on your blog, but i had to say your work is awesome. i was referred to you by Kathleen Quiffe.

we have a really cool traditionally animated project for broadcast going on, and we're in need of some amazing character animators.

if you're interested and/or available drop us a line, we'd love to meet you. keep up the fantastic animation.

jobs@threeleggedlegs.com

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home