My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Rusty works in the animation industry doing Storyboards, Timing, Animation and Directing. Recently he has worked at Disney TV Animation and Universal Animation Studios. He's best known for his Directing and Producing for Warner Bros. on "Animaniacs" and "Pinky and the Brain".

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

More Inspiration

More images from my sketchbook. This is a group of drawings from various times that I did while visiting various places. It includes central park in NY and places in San Diego. Some of the people come from various bars and coffee shops which are great for doing quick sketches of people. Most are real media with the exception of the woman with the towel which is digital. When I visit places I try to sketch things that I can later pull out of my memory when needed. Sometimes it's the place, an action, expression or just the way I handled the color. Or it might be how not to do something. Either way the short time I took to sketch was well worth that later benefit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aurelie said...

Hey Rusty Mills :)

Thanks for the comments you just left on my blog :)
I googled both your name and Chris' and was so impressed. I grew up watching the Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain (Minus et Cortex in french)! So that's really cool to see your name in my comments now :D
I'm glad you mentionned Tim Burton: he demonstrated so well that one don't HAVE to compromised on the design just because one is using stop-motion. I watched Nightmare and Vincent over and over.
you can't see it much so far, but I will get better (hoppefully)

I would love to see the film you mentionned, the one you and Chris made at CalArts. Is it possible?

Now I'm going to read your blog :)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Rusty Mills said...

Actually it's Chris's student film and I'm not sure where you might be able to see it now. You can see a lot of his style in Lilo and Stitch.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home