My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Rusty works in the animation industry doing Storyboards, Timing, Animation and Directing. Recently he has worked at Disney TV Animation and Universal Animation Studios. He's best known for his Directing and Producing for Warner Bros. on "Animaniacs" and "Pinky and the Brain".

Monday, July 09, 2007

Road Trip


The family and I just did a 9 day road trip from here in So Cal to San Antonio, TX via Albuquerque, NM. It was a business trip for me to make my regular trip to MyToons . We decided to take the northern route via I-40 through Arizona in a single 12 hour drive. We stopped at the Meteor crater along the way. We spent a couple nights in Albuquerque and went up to Santa Fe one day. Then we did a one day 11 hour drive down to San Antonio where we spent 5 nights (including the 4th) there. While I went to work for three of the days my family took in the sights (such as the Alamo). We headed back and drove 9 hours to Lordsburg, NM and spent the night. Then home the next day. Sure they were long drives but it gave us more time at our destinations. During the leg between San Antonio and Lordsburg we had some great rain storms so I pulled out my sketch book and did some quick sketches of the vast planes and great rock formations. Because all of these areas have been getting a decent amount of rain there was green vegetation mingling among the rocks and across the plains. Though you often hear people say what a dreadful drive it is across the southwest I have to say there are some very beautiful and interesting places. Plus in this day and age it is nice to see there are vast areas that have not been taken over by development. It is interesting how practically every major city you travel through seems to be the same. They all have Wal-Marts, Home Depot, and many of the same restaurants. I would recommend a nice road trip for everyone to get away from our metropolises and experience the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home