My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Rusty works in the animation industry doing Storyboards, Timing, Animation and Directing. Recently he has worked at Disney TV Animation and Universal Animation Studios. He's best known for his Directing and Producing for Warner Bros. on "Animaniacs" and "Pinky and the Brain".

Friday, August 18, 2006

Why Design?

The style of your film or project can make all the difference in the world. Here's a concept; how about let the film dictate the design! To often I see projects being done that are the same design as the previous project done by that studio or person. I've always felt a film should be a total artistic experience. From the composition on screen to the color to the characters. Right now the film I'm working on has an old Disney / Warner Bros. feel to it and it fits the story. My next film I plan on having a very different style. Sometimes combining styles can give an interesting approach to the film. Take the illustration I did above. It combines a flat style on the character with a textured painterly style on the background. One thing to always keep in mind though is to not let the design overwhelm the story. I've seen plenty of films that make me say..."It looked nice but not much of a story".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home