My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Rusty works in the animation industry doing Storyboards, Timing, Animation and Directing. Recently he has worked at Disney TV Animation and Universal Animation Studios. He's best known for his Directing and Producing for Warner Bros. on "Animaniacs" and "Pinky and the Brain".

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Small Painting

Today I thought I'd break away from animation and share some more of my "plein air" painting with you. This painting I did a few months ago while there was still some green in the hills around here. The day was great because it was somewhat overcast and so I was able to get some good atmosphere in it. I also used the opportunity to exercise painting small with a large brush. I've always been fascinated by paintings that when viewed at a distance have greater detail than when viewed up close. The only way to achieve this is to paint with a large brush and larger strokes. This painting is only 7"x12" and most of it if you look close is not very detailed but from a distance it all falls into place.

3 Comments:

Blogger jbiziou said...

thats nice :)

makes me want to get out of my studio and go paint.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Rusty Mills said...

Getting out of the studio is always a large part of keeping your artistic stride.

11:51 AM  
Blogger RuinedJoke68 said...

nice paint job!!

your very talanted.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home